[SciPy-dev] Docstring editing request on SciPy Doc Wiki

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon May 19 04:58:44 EDT 2008

Hi all,

When editing, please take careful note of the documentation
guidelines.  Specifically:

   Images are allowed, but should not be central to the explanation;
   users viewing the docstring as text must be able to comprehend its
   meaning without resorting to an image viewer.

We don't have a good way of including images in the documentation yet,
so for now it may be better not to use them (at least until we can
discuss it further).

We have a math tag for formulas, so use those (sparingly) to write equations.

Examples should be formatted in the standard doctest format.

I am currently doing a merge into the NumPy sources.  If a docstring
is not ready for inclusion, the NumPy version will overwrite the
version on the wiki.  If you made changes to the page, don't worry --
those haven't been lost.  You may revert your changes and update the
docstring again, until it can be included.

For developers: please don't change docstrings directly in the source
tree, it makes merging difficult.  If you urgently need a change to go
in, make it on the wiki and let me know.

Regards
Stéfan