[SciPy-dev] Splitting sparsetools_wrap source file ?

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:03:57 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 4:24 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>  Thanks for those info, I was not aware it was possible to control the
>  memory manager of gcc, that's pretty interesting. Unfortunately, it
>  won't work with other C++ compilers, so I am afraid it cannot be used in
>  our case.

David, I've split sparsetools into five separate modules, one for each
matrix type.

Previously sparsetools compiled to sparse/_sparsetools.so, whereas now
there are sparse/sparsetools/_csr.so and _csc.so etc.  I was able to
preserve the old interface by combining the new modules in
sparse/sparsetools/__init__py  (which just imports * from each of the
submodules).

It may be necessary to do a clean build to test the new code since the
old sparsetools.py will be competing with the new sparsetools
directory.

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/