[SciPy-dev] {Num, Sci}Py on 64bit Intel Macs with icc, ifort, mkl

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:51:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:00, Ulrik Günther
<ulrik at 42degreesoffreedom.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at first, the problem is mostly the same which I already described in
> combination with the
> Intel compilers: For .so's, the -undefined dynamic_lookup flag is missing
> (which the patch
> adds), therefore linking fails.
>
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 5:26 AM, Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> 1. What package are you trying to compile that fails? Include the
>> version number or SVN revision.
>
> The problem happends with every package that tries to build an .so, fftpack,
> etc.

*Every* package? Even non-numpy or non-FORTRAN ones which patching
gnu.py can't affect?

Do you perchance have the environment variable LDFLAGS set somewhere?

>> 2. What part of that failed? Please copy-and-paste the build log
>
> The only thing that fails is the linking at the end, because the flag
> -undefined
> dynamic_lookup is missing/Python.framework is not linked in. Do you still
> need the
> build log?

Yes. Note that "-framework Python" is *not* supposed to be there.
"-undefined dynamic_lookup" takes care of that.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco