[SciPy-dev] Inclusion of cython code in scipy

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Wed Apr 23 16:21:31 EDT 2008

>  It's irresponsible to continue promoting an unproven technology like
>  Cython without first addressing these concerns.  Furthermore, it's
>  profoundly ignorant and extremely offensive to argue for replacing
>  existing implementations without first making a solid case of the
>  deficiencies of the status quo.  This sort of fanboyism causes people
>  like me, who help maintain an existing part of SciPy, to treat Cython
>  with skepticism.

I think it's a little misunderstanding here -- while I advocate Cython
and I for example
would write the sparsetools in C (with macros) + Cython, it's the
usual "talk is cheap, show me the code"
and it's you who wrote it, so it's you who decide on the technologies
used and I respect that
(and I think other too). If I wanted to change it, I'd rewrite the
same thing using technologies
that I like and then we'd see. Until then it's just talk.

So I am sorry if it sounded like preaching, I only wanted to discuss things.

Ondrej