[SciPy-dev] Inclusion of cython code in scipy

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:01:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

>  Am I really the only one who expresses the least bit of concern about
>  writing lot of Cython code?

I imagine, like all these kind of discussions, it will be resolved by
use.  If cython isn't useful, we won't get a lot of cython code.  If
it is, that is very likely to mean that cython will reach a critical
mass of interested developers - even if it has not already.  Let's
just see what happens.  I really don't think there's a reason to
discourage it at this point, and if it works, as several of us have
guessed, then we have gained a great deal.

Best,

Matthew