[SciPy-dev] [scikits] openopt SVN instable for the moment

Alan Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Wed Apr 9 13:45:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008, dmitrey wrote:
> If you want, I could propose you once again keeping
> (and/or installing from openopt installation) GenericOpt
> in separate scikit

We have just experienced some of the *advantages* of the
current structure and have not discovered any need to change
it, especially since Matthieu's most recent contribution.
I suspect in the long-run some of Matthieu's work on generic
optimizers may migrate to SciPy proper, but right now it is
great to have it packaged with OpenOpt, since this withill
offfer substantial functionality even to those who install
no other solvers.

Alan Isaac