[SciPy-dev] NumPy/SciPy sprint in Berkeley next week

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 4 03:35:41 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have just organized a little NumPy/SciPy mini-sprint for next week.
David Cournapeau is visiting me for a week and several other
developers (Eric Jones, Robert Kern, Peter Wang, Jonathan Taylor, and
Karl Young) will be stopping by during the week to work with the
Berkeley team (Fernando Perez, Chris Burns, Tom Waite, and I).  There
may be a few others who will join us as well.

I am still working on a preliminary list of topics that I hope for us
to work on and I will send it out to the list before Monday.  Among
other things, I will be trying to push NumPy 1.0.5 out the door.

I will send out another announcement as the date draws near, but I
hope that some of you will be able to join us next week at
irc.freenode.net (channel scipy).  Please consider next week an
official Bug/Doc week.  Once we get NumPy 1.0.5 released, I will start
focusing on getting SciPy 0.7.0 released--which means we need to start
squashing SciPy bugs as relentlessly as we have been squashing NumPy's
bugs during the last month.

Thanks to everyone who is working so hard to make NumPy/SciPy the best
foundation for scientific and numerical computing.

Cheers,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley