[SciPy-dev] TableIO

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Thu Sep 20 11:08:03 EDT 2007

A **long** time ago someone expressed the wish that TableIO
could be part of SciPy and was told that it was license
incompatible.  I looked at TableIO
http://php.iupui.edu/~mmiller3/python/
and had the same wish, so I wrote Mike Miller.
Well time passes, and he has written back, saying he would
be happy to release TableIO under a SciPy compatible
license.

So: how best to proceed?

What I think would be truly great is if he were to maintain
TableIO in the SciPy repository, so that SciPy always had
the latest version?  Is this the right way to thing about
this?  What is the best response to this opportunity?

Cheers,
Alan Isaac