[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-user] (no subject)

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Mon May 21 15:34:01 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 12:13:53PM -0700, Gennan Chen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to build a distribution OS X package from source for numpy and
> scipy . But setup.py in both of them seems lacking that option. Can
> anyone tell me how to do that?

In numpy, the setupegg.py script works the same as setup.py, except it
import setuptools first so stuff like bdist_egg and bdist_mpkg should
work (assuming you have the py2app stuff installed). You can do the same
with scipy by importing setuptools first:

$ python -c 'import setuptools; execfile("setup.py")' bdist_mpkg