[SciPy-dev] mlabwrap 2.0 vs. mlabwrap 1.1/1.5

Brian Hawthorne brian.lee.hawthorne at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:39:30 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu > wrote:

> I have been thinking about what the priorities should be for the next
> stable release of mlabwrap.  My only personal priority is to have it become
> a scikit release.  I know that it is still somewhat unclear exactly what is
> required to be a scikit, but my 3 priorities are:
> 1) use setuptools namespace packages.
> 2) remove support for Numeric and Numarray.
> 3) use NumPy testing.
>
> Maybe the best way to proceed would be to quickly get these 3 issues
> resolved and then release a stable release of mlabwrap.  It should probably
> be called 1.1 or 1.5.

That seems like a good incremental step.  I believe the three issues above
are taken care of.  I created a 1.1 branch to represent the release.
Alexander, can you think of anything else that needs to be done for these
three things before making the 1.1 release?  If not,
I'll go ahead and post an egg to PyPI.

-Brian