[SciPy-dev] mlabwrap scikit [Was: Re: scikits project]

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Mar 29 10:37:43 EDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:17:05AM -0500, Robert Kern wrote:
> > So what is the use of having a scikits subdirectory in each module?
> > I'm just trying to understand the structure you propose.
>
> scikits is a namespace package. While each subpackage will be built separately,
> they will still be scikits.mlabwrap, scikits.gpc, etc.

OK, I see.  I wrote a ctypes wrapper for Birchfield's KLT tracker, and
I'd like to see Polygon (a gpc wrapper) maintained somewhere.  I also
have a numpy-ported NURBS wrapper.  Then there's also some FFMpeg
wrapper code to read/write avi files.  Are any of these suitable
candidates for scikits?

Cheers
Stéfan