[SciPy-dev] Is it ok to depend on ctypes for scipy code ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 13 22:28:08 EDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:

> I haven't seen one, yet; otherwise, I wouldn't have made the objection.

Ok, I am confused. I asked the question because I thought the ctypes
dependency itself may be problematic (who uses python 2.4 or 2.3 ? Is
there a list of versions we have to support ?).

Is the problem locating an external library ? Because otherwise, I do
not see the different between ctypes or any other ways to wrap c code
(swig, C api, etc... which is used a lot already in scipy).

David