[SciPy-dev] Severe installation problems

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Jun 1 05:26:27 EDT 2007

On Fri, June 1, 2007 2:18 am, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Pearu Peterson wrote:
>
>>This was caused by Changeset 3845 in numpy/distutils/misc_util.py.
>>Travis, what problems did you have
>>with data-files in top-level package directory?
>>

> I'm not sure if you've fixed this or not,  but the problem I had was
> that I could not add data_files that were in the top-level package
> name-space no matter what I tried.
>
> Look specifically in numpy/setup.py to see the addition of
> COMPATIBILITY, scipy_compatibility, and site.cfg.example.

Yes, I noticed that and have fixed in changeset 3848. This problem
was introduced when someone cleaned up the code..

I don't know if you are using mc or not for viewing the content
of sdist generated tar-ball, but I have noticed that sometimes, when
there is no changes in tar-ball file name, the mc uses old
cache to show the content of tar-ball. Copying the tar-ball
to another directory and viewing from there, shows the correct
content of the tar-ball.

Pearu