[SciPy-dev] sparsetools - new and (hopefully) improved!

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Tue Jan 9 09:04:55 EST 2007

Robert Cimrman wrote:
> Nathan Bell wrote:
>> Give this implementation a try and let me know if it's still too slow.
>>  If it is, then we can think about how to perform a true inplace sort.
>>  I suspect argsorting row by row will be significantly slower than
>> this method (due to the python overhead).
>
> Well, I have some code related to sorting the sparse matrix indices
> already in my feutils module (in C), so all I have to do is to implement
> it into your templated C++ code, so that it works for all possible
> matrix data dtypes.

Hi Nathan,

I have just commited the C++ version of ensure_sorted_indices().
So far it is for the inplace branch only, but it can be easily extended.
I have also written a small test case. Benchmarks were not done yet,
though...

You have updated the files under my hands, so I had to quickly merge the
changes -> I hope no bugs were introduced :)

r.