[SciPy-dev] SciPy Sprint results

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Dec 20 02:07:28 EST 2007

Hi Travis,

During the sprint I also merged Pierre's MaskedArray code into the
maskedarray branch.  That is nearly done, with only a few unit tests
still failing -- ones brought over from the old numpy.ma.

This is mainly due to some changes in the API, for example put and
putmask now behave like their ndarray counterparts.  Pierre, would you
remind us of any other such changes, and why they were made?

What is the road forward with this code?  We will probably only merge
API changes into 1.4.  Do we use svnmerge to keep the branch up to
date until then?

The branch can be found at

  http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/maskedarray

Regards