[SciPy-dev] How to regenerate swig generated files ?

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 09:23:30 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 4:09 AM, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I encounter a relatively trivial build bug in sparsetools (ticket
> 549), which requires regenerating the sources by swig. I would like to
> know which version should be used, and which options ? It would be good
> to have those options noted somewhere, I think.

Added
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/sparse/sparsetools/README.txt?rev=3605

> As an aside, it would be
> good also if the source file could be split into several compilation
> units: a 3 Mb C++ source file is extremely heavy (compiling it with g++
> and -O2 takes up to 400 Mb of ram, this is not pleasant when compiling
> scipy on virtual machines).

Agreed.  If I can't figure out a nice way to do this soon, I'll
probably drop support for 64bit index types.  This will cut the
compile time in half and it is only necessary for matrices with >=
2^31 row or columns.  Since that would require at least 16GB of memory
I think we can do without for now :)

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com