[SciPy-dev] some problems with optimize.py docstrings

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 28 03:32:25 EDT 2007

On 8/27/07, dmitrey <openopt at ukr.net> wrote:
> I don't know when 0.6 will be released, maybe I will commit the changes
> and some minutes later it will be already released - then it could turn
> out to have some problems. I mean: I didn't check how
> __docformat__="restructuredtext  en" works, because if I put the line in
> start of optimize.py file my epydoc (v 2.1) says "unknown docformat" and
> stops.

Before I tag the 0.6.0 release, I will first make a 0.6.x branch.  I
will ask for everyone to test the branch and then, if no one reports
any problems, I will tag the release and start making binary packages.
 In short, you don't need to worry about making a change and then
having the release come out a few minutes later.

> So maybe epydoc will just crush on optimize.py file.
> Also, I suppose that it would be better to clean optimize.py html output
> from all those auxiliary files like rosenbrock, but I don't know how to
> do this.

Please commit your changes, so that I can see what you have done.  If
there are any problems, I can always revert the changes.

> Ok, so I committed it 1 min ago but it requires someone to check epydoc
> output (and maybe uncomment __docformat__="restructuredtext  en" in the
> file head).

I don't see your changes, so please try committing them again.

Thanks for all your help.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley