[SciPy-dev] GSoC schedule question (letter for my mentors & Matthieu Brucher)

dmitrey openopt at ukr.net
Wed Aug 1 12:57:23 EDT 2007

Hi Matthieu,
thank you for the answer.
Please inform me, does your package provide a func that is equivalent to
scipy.optimize.line_search?
Can you supply an example of usage of the one?
here's a link to Wolfe conditions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfe_conditions
so
1) for lincher I need something like that (If you have a solver that
uses better conditions than Wolfe ones - ok).
2) for ralg I need auxiliary line search solver that will surely provide
(pk, grad f(xk+alpha*pk)) <= 0

1st task is much more important.
2nd one have a solver already, but not the best one, in future I intend
to replace the one by something better.

Do you have any idea about 1st , or maybe 2nd?

Regards, D.