[SciPy-dev] SciPy improvements

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 23:13:34 EDT 2007

On 4/13/07, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Well, netlab is a huge package, but google just announced that my SoC
> projet pymachine, a set of toolboxes for machine learning-related
> algorithms, has been accepted:

That's great to hear.  I've been keeping an eye on your progress with
pyEM and such.  Very promising.

Incidentally I work with some speech and graphics guys from ATR, where
I see you worked previously.  Do you know Yotsukura-san, Kawamoto-san,
or Nakamura-san?  (I think Nakamura-san is now the head of ATR maybe
even).

> http://code.google.com/soc/psf/appinfo.html?csaid=44CD86A83707638A (the
> full proposal can be found there:
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/fullproposal.html)

> So expect some news (and more importantly, some code) on this front in
> the coming months,

I would be interested in joining a dev list on this or something like
that (or open dev blog? or wiki?) if you start such a thing.  I assume
you have to have discussions with your mentor anyway.  If possible
it'd be nice to peek in on those conversations.

--bb