[SciPy-dev] PyEM, toolbox for Expectation Maximization for Gaussian Mixtures (proposal for inclusion into scipy.sandbox)

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 11:09:04 EDT 2006

Hello all

+1 on inclusion in the SciPy sandbox. I'd love to be able to work on David's
already excellent code.

> <snip>

>  * FUTURE:
>
> <snip>
>
>  - Ideally, I was hoping to start a project of numpy packages for
> Machine Learning (Kalman filtering, HMM, etc...); I don't know if other
> people would be interested in developing such a package.

+1. The sandbox already has my libsvm wrapper, but it's a bit limited by
libsvm's sparse data structure -- an SVM implementation using NumPy arrays
is the next logical step. There's also PyKF[1], but it doesn't seem to be
actively maintained.

[1] http://pykf.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,

Albert