[SciPy-dev] Online SciPy Journal

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Mon Oct 2 11:13:57 EDT 2006

Alan G Isaac wrote:
>>> Oddly enough, I do not think the name "Computational
>>> Science" is taken, and it might be nice ...
>
> On Mon, 02 Oct 2006, Robert Cimrman apparently wrote:
>> google says:
>> International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering  (IJCSE)
>> (https://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalcode=ijcse)
>> which is too close...
>
> Maybe this is field specific,
> but I do not consider that too close.
> In Economics we have, just as a very small example:
> Review of Political Economy
> Review of International Political Economy
> Journal of Political Economy
> and then there are things like
> Political Economy Journal
> etc etc etc
>
> Someone will grab the name Computational Science soon.
> Might as well be someone virtuous ...

Sure - I also like the proposed name :). But still, in your examples,
there is always a word different, an adjective etc, while in our case it
is just a subset of the other name which could cause confusion (or am I
just getting paranoid?). Maybe an adjective would help (J. of
Computational Software Science?? - as a non-native english speaker, I am
not sure if it sounds weird or not.)

Nevertheless, having a journal is a great idea! (Had Travis any bad idea
ever?)

cheers,
r.