[SciPy-dev] our wiki - it's getting closer...

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Thu Jan 5 22:38:04 EST 2006

Hi All,

I've made some progress getting the wiki prettier, more organized, and
configured to our tastes. Well, actually, to my tastes, which is the
point of this email. Unless you're happy to suffer at my whims, please
adjust the website to suit your taste. If we don't like it, we'll change
it back! :) That's the point of a wiki.

For changing items in the menubar, I'll have to edit by hand the
wikiconfig.py file on the server, so you'll have to let me know about
requests for that.

Other than that, everyone should be able to edit and make new pages.
Members of the "EditorsGroup" (see
http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/EditorsGroup ) are able to rename, delete, and
revert pages. If anyone would like to be added to this group, just let
anyone who is currently a member know, and they'll add you. (Chris
Fonnesbeck -- I put you in this group because I think you may have left
a couple pages called Building* that could be removed given the Install*
pages. Also, I moved your Install* pages subpages of Installing_SciPy.)

We're waiting on Enthought to install the "sinorca4moin" theme, which
also includes CSS for the "SectionParser" Moin addon. This means that
our website is about to get a lot prettier and have sidebars and
"figures". (If anyone with permission at Enthought is listening, on
new.scipy.org, please just copy the
/home/scipy/homes/strawman/fakeroot/usr/share/moin/htdocs/sinorca4moin
directory into /usr/share/moin/htdocs/).

Once things settle down, we might tighten up privileges on the front
page(s), but I'd really like to minimze that if necessary.

We should start going through the old (current) Plone website and making
sure we've got all the useful information on the wiki.

One last question -- is Enthought backing this up? Otherwise, I think we
should put some backup scheme in place. MoinMoin has some anti-spam
features I've enabled, but I'd still like to know there's an off-site
backup.

Cheers!
Andrew