[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] Long live to numpy (and its list as well)

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Thu Jan 5 17:03:03 EST 2006

A Dijous 05 Gener 2006 20:59, Christopher Barker va escriure:
> Colin J. Williams wrote:
> > It seems to me that NumPy is the better way to go, the archives and
> > downloads are more readily available there, but it's up to Todd Miller
> > and the folk who have been maintaining NumPy.
> >
> > NumPy has been around for a while, probably longer than SciPy.
>
> I, for one, am only subscribed to the NumPy list, and have been for
> years. I don't know how much non-NumPy stuff there is on the SciPy list,
> but while I do use NumPy for Scientific stuff, I don't use the rest of
> SciPy (because, frankly, it's always been a pain in the @#! to install)
> and I don't need another high-traffic list.

Yeah, I was thinking in people like you. In fact, I'm myself in the
same case than you: I'm very interested in a basic array module
(Numeric/numarray/numpy) and not so much in more powerful (but
complex) packages like scipy. And I think there can be a lot of people
out there that can be in the same position.

Accordingly, my vote is also:

+1 numpy-discussion

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"