[SciPy-dev] tidy up code before 1.0

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Thu Feb 2 20:01:36 EST 2006

Gary Ruben <gruben at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Just a comment that I noticed the numpy source might benefit from being
> run through pychecker, which finds some unused references. I also
> noticed some TAB characters have found their way into the source. I
> didn't check the scipy source. PyLint might find different things too.
> And perhaps a run through with splint for the C source.
> Gary R.

I've been doing some of this as I go. Another tool that's handy is
Pyflakes (http://divmod.org/projects/pyflakes) which works like
PyLint, but doesn't worry about style.

One trouble is the number of import * that are used, which tend to
pull in a bunch of stuff not needed for the module. I've been working
on reducing those too, with appropiate __all__'s.