[SciPy-dev] TimeSeries class now sub-class of MaskedArray

Matt Knox mattknox_ca at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 14:36:16 EST 2006

>  Matt,
>
> The init script doesn't build cseries.c
>
> David

I'm not sure how I would do that really. I just have a manual script I run with hard coded paths on windows for compiling. In particular, since it uses files from the mx DateTime module during compilation, I'm not sure how I would do that in a generic way without hard coding the paths. So if someone has a generic way of doing this that they can share, that would be great.

This is what I use on windows to do it:

import sys, os
os.chdir("Q:\\work\\matt\\python\\timeseries\\")

setup(name="cseries", version="1.0",
      ext_modules=[Extension("cseries",
                             sources=["Q:\\work\\matt\\python\\timeseries\\cseries.c"],
                             include_dirs=["C:\\Python24\\Lib\\site-packages\\numpy\\core\\include\\numpy","C:\\Python24\\Lib\\site-packages\\mx\\DateTime\\mxDateTime"]
                             )
                   ]
      )

os.chdir("Q:\\work\\matt\\python\\timeseries\\build_utils")

# to build the cseries extension, run:
#       python cseries-setup.py build_ext -i

- Matt