[SciPy-dev] Fwd: [sage-devel] numpy in SAGE, etc.

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 15:34:18 EST 2006

Le Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:14:22 -0500, Alan Isaac a écrit :

> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, David Huard wrote:
>> I got epydoc running on plain docstrings and the
>> latex-math role from Jens running. However, I havent't
>> looked at how to use both together.
>
> I'm in the same position.  But
> I guess this should be simple for anyone familiar with
> docutils, so  I'll copy this to docutils-users.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan Isaac

If I understand correctly, I'd have to add the latex-math
role to rst/roles.py and the latex-math directive to the
rst/directives directory and register it in the __init__. However, the
directives defined in Jens' sandbox are writer specific, so I'm a bit lost.

A little bit of context:
The SciPy and NumPy folks are looking at the
various documentation systems out there to build the API documentation
and tutorials. Up to now, the combination epydoc+reST seems to most
powerful. However, Latex formulas are a must for those packages and the
raw role is a bit low-level for our needs, hence the interest in
including the latex-math role and directive in the trunk so that epydoc
can run smoothly using it.

Thanks a lot,

David