[SciPy-dev] Period table?

val val at vtek.com
Mon Dec 18 19:07:23 EST 2006

   To me, the minimal amount of data to calculate a new data is
an open-ended issue and a matter of quality of the calculated result.
The docstring may include the description of how a new data is computed.
New (comp) methods can be added/integrated into the Element class
step-by-step.  E.g., widely used interpolation techniques can be helpful for
ranges not available (directly measured).
   BTW, i heard the Traits module (from Enthought.com) can be helpful
in the situations when one needs handle structured physical data (metadata,
support and check for dimernsionalities, relations to other data, check of
ranges, etc).  Can expert people elaborate and point to examples?
cheers,
val