[SciPy-dev] time series implementation approach

Otto Tronarp otto at tronarp.se
Sat Dec 16 07:16:36 EST 2006

Quoting Matt Knox <mattknox_ca at hotmail.com>:
> Also, the origin is no longer based on the year 1850, it is based on
>  the same 0 date mx.DateTime uses (0 AD). Secondly frequency is
> still  not supported very well, so if you need to work with intraday
> data,  the module probably won't work very well right now.

I haven't seen anyone raise this issue so I will. Is it really
necessary to depend on mx.DateTime, couldn't you make do with the
datetime module? I know that there are more functionallity available
in mx.DateTime, but it's allways nice to stick with the standard
library and avoid a dependency on yet-another-library.

Just a thought....

Otto