[SciPy-dev] FE+sparse utilities

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Mon Dec 11 11:24:16 EST 2006

Hi,

often, people ask here how to quickly assemble small dense matrices into
a global sparse matrix in the finite element sense. I have made a small
package that could help with this task (BSD license, so that it could be
included in scipy, if there is interest). It works directly with CSR
sparse matrices and the whole matrix structure is preallocated prior to
assembling -> no conversion overhead.

It is available at http://147.228.107.66/mymoin/SFE. Note that this is a
very preliminary web site on my work computer, so it may be down
occasionally (especially during weekends :)).

I would greatly appreciate any feedback,
r.