[SciPy-dev] interest in Time series functionality?

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 25 02:47:18 EDT 2006

For the record, I deal with fMRI time series.

I would like to see a proper time series module in scipy, too. Although
there are lots of hacks in fMRI to speed computations,  a proper time
series module would be a good addition.

Jonathan Taylor

Stephen Walton wrote:
> Travis N. Vaught wrote:
>

>> For the record, Enthought is also very interested in seeing time-series
>> functionality within scipy.
>>

> So am I.  I do a lot of time series analysis (solar activity time series
> in my case) and am forever re-inventing the wheel here.  My reading of
> Matt's original post sounds like it would be extremely useful to a very
> large community, namely those solar astronomers who study the solar
> cycle on daily/weekly/annual/decadal time scales.
>
> Steve Walton

I'm part of the Team in Training: please support our efforts for the
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/tntsvmbJTaylor

GO TEAM !!!

Jonathan Taylor                           Tel:   650.723.9230
Dept. of Statistics                       Fax:   650.725.8977
Sequoia Hall, 137                         www-stat.stanford.edu/~jtaylo
390 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305