[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] Trac Wikis closed for anonymous edits until further notice

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 17:09:34 EDT 2006

David M. Cooke wrote:
> Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:
>

>>We've been hit badly by spammers, so I can only presume our Trac sites are now
>>on the traded spam lists. I am going to turn off anonymous edits for now. Ticket
>>creation will probably still be left open for now.
>
> Another thing that's concerned me is closing of tickets by anonymous;
> can we turn that off? It disturbs me when I'm browsing the RSS feed
> and I see that. If a user who's not a developer thinks it could be
> closed, they could post a comment saying that, and a developer could
> close it.

I'm not sure if there is a permission specifically for that. If I remove
TICKET_CHANGE, then anonymous can't comment. I think maybe some combination of
TICKET_ADMIN, TICKET_APPEND, TICKET_CHGPROP, TICKET_CREATE might work. I'll have
to read the docs. But good idea.

>>Many thanks to David Cooke for quickly removing the spam.
>
> The RSS feeds are great for that. Although having a way to quickly
> revert a change would have made it easier :-)

Are you comfortable with SQL?

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com