[SciPy-dev] scipy.sparse + umfpack + system_info

Nils Wagner nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Apr 6 05:01:07 EDT 2006

Robert Cimrman wrote:
> Nils Wagner wrote:
>
>> Ed Schofield wrote:
>>
>>> I've run some small tests and the UMFPACK wrappers seems to work
>>> fine.  Well done, Robert!  Well done to Pearu too for his help with
>>> distutils.
>>>
>>> I've added some small unit tests in linsolve/umfpack/tests/
>>> test_umfpack2.py, including two that are commented out because I
>>> can't figure out how to disable umfpack with the useUmfpack
>>> variable.  Could you please check this, Robert?
>>>
>>> -- Ed
>>>

>> I have installed version 4.6 before. Do you know if your wrapper works
>> also with that version ?
>>
>> Nils
>>

> I have not tried yet. There is a chance it might work right away, given
> the subset of names and arguments of umfpack library functions and
> constants the wrapper uses did not change. Wanna try? :-)
>
> r.

Hi Robert,

Ok I will try it. BTW, is it possible to add a site.cfg to the svn tree ?
Anyway I have to replace  <UMFPACKv4.4_root> by my local settings.
Do you agree ?

Nils

[umfpack]
library_dirs = <UMFPACKv4.4_root>/UMFPACK/Lib:<UMFPACKv4.4_root>/AMD/Lib
include_dirs = <UMFPACKv4.4_root>/UMFPACK/Include
umfpack_libs = umfpack, amd