[SciPy-dev] Release of scipy core beta will happen next week.

Charles Harris charles.harris at sdl.usu.edu
Tue Sep 27 13:33:04 EDT 2005

Thought I should include a link to the random module documentation.

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-random.html

I've also implemented the ziggurat method -- with some small improvements --
for the generation of gaussian distributions if you are interested. Also,
are the generated uniform doubles "thin" or full precision? For my own use, I
have made the default doubles thin and on the open interval (0,1) in order to
get the best speed and to make taking the log and other such functions that blow
up at 0 and 1 not require special attention.

Chuck