[SciPy-dev] Re: [SciPy-user] Upgrading scipy.io.loadmat

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Sep 6 13:43:21 EDT 2005

Nick Fotopoulos wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> A couple months ago, I posted to scipy-user asking if anyone knew how to
> fix scipy.io.loadmat to read Matlab 7 (R14) mat-files.  Receiving no
> response, I hacked the mio.py myself and can now read in the new version
> of mat-files.  While I was tinkering, I fixed the in-place-but-broken
> support for complex arrays; it returned only the real parts before.

Excellent,  your R14 contribution is greatly appreciated.

By the way, I believe the complex array problem was fixed (which version
of SciPy did you start from?).

At any rate, I would be glad to apply your patches.  There is a
bug-tracker at sourceforge where you can store a patch to make sure it
gets recorded.   But, make sure you let scipy-dev know about the patch
so we can apply it.

Finally,  scipy is undergoing some changes and so don't be discouraged
if your patch doesn't get applied immediately.  It's on the queue....

-Travis O.