[SciPy-dev] 12 errors using 0.7.3.1538 0.4.2_1461

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Wed Nov 30 19:25:31 EST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

>Some of the errors being reported are due to changes in scipy core.
>The sparse.py file received an appropriate fix.  Somehow this is not
>getting propagated to your installed version of scipy (even though it's
>been checked in to svn).
>
>Please check
>
><your Python installation site>/scipy/sparse/sparse.py
>
>and compare with
>
><your svn checkout site>/Lib/sparse/sparse.py

These two files were identical, and neither included the
__array_priority__ attribute, even though "svn up" reported earlier
today that I was at revision 1467,.  So on one machine I manually
deleted Lib/sparse/sparse.py and did "svn up."  On another machine I
just did "svn up."  Both now are at revision 1471 of scipy and sparse.py
contains the __array_priority__ attribute.  With this resolved, all of
the sparse matrix test failures are gone.  There are a few others which
I will investigate a bit after the next update.

Steve