[SciPy-dev] Bugfix for weave's catalog.

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Jun 14 10:33:19 EDT 2005

Hi all,

there has been a long-standing bug in weave.inline, where it recompiles stuff
it shouldn't.  I was finally able to track it down to a sys.path problem,
where sys.path does not get the ~/.pythonXX_compiled directory added, and
hence calls to pickle.load() fail when loading items from the shelved on-disk
catalog.

The patch here fixes that problem.  In the process, I cleaned up catalog.py a
bit, adding caching to the default_dir() call (which is used often) and adding
a few catalog.close() calls for safety, since the semantics of shelved
catalogs are undefined (implementation-dependent) if not explicitly closed.

I can commit this, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone else has a look at
it first (Pearu, RKern?).  I know that nobody likes to muck with the weave
code, as it's a bit complex, but I'd feel safer if at least one more pair of
eyeballs has a look at this before I commit.

Regards,