[SciPy-dev] SciPy CVS to Subversion migration

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Thu Jul 28 21:02:59 EDT 2005

Hi all,

The issues with converting our CVS repository to Subversion have been
resolved, and so I'd like to make the switch tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

If you have anything you'd like to check-in before the CVS repository is
gone forever, please do so before then.  You will have to check out a
new working copy after the conversion occurs.

If the timing of this outage will cause anyone discomfort, please let me
know, and I will re-schedule for another day.

Just FYI:

History will be maintained from the old CVS tree.

Once the migration occurs, branching, merging, and reorganizing the tree
will become trivially simple and reliable (and anyone with commit access
can make those kinds of changes without system administrator
intervention).  I know there is a contingent of SciPy developers that
would like to do some long-desired serious cleanups and purges within
the tree--the new Subversion repository will easily allow these kinds of
changes without having to throw out all of the old history and start
fresh.  If, after the migration, you find you still want to start fresh,
let me know and I'll create a new Subversion repo for you to work in.

Holler if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Joe