[SciPy-dev] Python (Enthought Edition) for Windows test release

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Jan 19 04:34:33 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Joe Cooper wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 09:28 +0100, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > that's fantastic - many thanks!!!
> >
> > I am only wondering whether the latest changes
> > (scipy CVS, 5 days ago) concerning scipy.xplt (thanks Travis!)
> > made it into the enthought edition?
> > (there were a couple of bugs, some of them specifically
> > for Windows...).
> > I don't have Windows, so I can't check this myself,
> > but I will ask one of my co-workers to go through
> > our list of points.
>
> SciPy is the latest released version (0.3.2), which is actually quite
> old at this point.  I prefer to stick to released versions when it
> works.  But if there are problems that effect folks, I will roll forward
> to CVS.  I have a build recipe for both, and have done some interim
> releases over the past year that were CVS versions.

If there is any chance at all, I have a "+n" with pretty large n
to go for the CVS (or equivalently for a new snapshot).

> > BTW: would it be possible to make a scipy CVS snapshot of
> > the version which enters into the enthought edition?
> > This would allow for some consistency across platforms
> > (I am thinking of packages for debian and others).
>
> Since I'm currently on a release version, there is already a snapshot on
> the website (this consistency is the reason I like to use releases
> rather than CVS--when there are dozens of packages included, it becomes
> really difficult to maintain sanity with bug reports, upstream fixes,
> etc.).
>
> I'll need to track down who is handling the SciPy releases these days
> and see what the likelihood of a new release is.

Thanks for your effort - I really hope that a new release
can be used (in particular because the enthought editions
are not that frequent, which is very understandable with
all the work involved!).

Best wishes,

Arnd