[SciPy-dev] Pade approximants

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 23 13:54:41 EST 2005

Nils Wagner wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:43:03 -0800
>  Robert Kern <rkern at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
>> Nils Wagner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Has someone written a wrapper for the FORTRAN subroutine pade
>>> which is available through
>>> http://lib-www.lanl.gov/numerical/bookfpdf/f5-12.pdf
>>>
>>> It would be nice to have a function called pade in scipy :-) .
>>>
>>> Any comments or suggestions ?
>>

>> Anything wrong with the one that's already there?
>>
> Oops, I have ignored that.

Apparently. Please try searching the code before posting in the future.

> Anyway, it doesn't provide the user with a residual
> as in the case of Numerical Recipes routine.

See if you can add the functionality to the existing implementation. We
will not include Numerical Recipes code into Scipy. It is not available
under a suitable license.

> What is the meaning of poly1d

Read the code before asking here. We're more than happy to answer
questions here *if* you've spent some time trying to answer them
yourself. Otherwise, it's incredibly annoying.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter