[SciPy-dev] old web site front page

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Dec 22 04:03:51 EST 2005

The text reads very well!
FWIW, just some small comments:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Joe Harrington wrote:

[...]

> In any case, if you are VERY EXPERIENCED WITH SOFTWARE INSTALLS and

The *VERY* seems too strong to me -
Personally I would not call myself as "very experienced"
and still I celebrated the 100th build of scipy new core
(on one machine, where I could automate the stuff - no counters
on the others ;-)
Of course I have to admit, that I really learned a fair
bit during the last years of going through the various stages of scipy ;-)

Therefore I propose to omit the "VERY" to get more testing.

> like getting your hands dirty,

also this is maybe a bit too discouraging?
(I think this phrase could be just left out)

((if one uses gcc (<4.0), g77, a plain ATLAS and a normal fftw2
on a normal machine things are pretty clean already))

> download the tarball for the new version,

should really the tarball be recommended at this stage, or
wouldn't svn (or just http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/Download) as only pointer)
be sufficient?

Best,  Arnd