[SciPy-dev] issues with scipy and eggs

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Dec 10 17:15:50 EST 2005

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Andrew Straw wrote:

[...]

> Having two packages that use the "scipy" namespace seems to be at the
> root of the issue here. (Hence the UserWarning above.) Do we need to do
> something relating to setuptools' namespace packages?

Maybe this is related: I tried to install scipy core to
one place and full scipy to a different place and
add boths paths to PYTHONPATH.
This does not work and I think this is because
(depending on the order) either
(scipy core is found) or (scipy full is found
but then scipy core is not found) ...

I am also wondering about the implications for adding
addditional libararies (eg. those from the sandbox)
to some other place: imagine scipy core and scipy full
are installed as debian/etc.. packages and one
would like to add something - is this possible (as non-root)?

Best, Arnd