Releasing 0.3.2 (was Re: [SciPy-dev] MCMC, Kalman Filtering, AI for SciPy?)

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Sep 30 17:14:45 EDT 2004

    PP> Prabhu wanted to add few examples to weave during the
    PP> weekend. That is OK with me as it does not affect the build
    PP> process.

Well, I'm done with my work.  Just FYI, here is what I checked in:

 1. scipy_core/weave/swig2_spec.py has been improved to transparently
    handle PyCObject based SWIG objects.  This was a problem I just
    noticed because SWIG from CVS now defaults to using PyCObjects.
    There goes my sleep.

 2. Added a few examples to scipy_core/weave/examples/.  These include

    a. array3d.py: example to show how one can access a 3D numeric
       array with or without blitz.

    b. vtk_example.py: example illustrating how one can inline C++ to
       handle VTK objects.  Only tested under Linux though.

    c. swig2_example.py, swig2_ext.h, swig2_ext.i: A simple example
       showing how SWIG2 wrapped objects can be handled with weave.
       The .h and .i files can be used to make a trivial SWIG2 module
       the commands for building which are mentioned in
       swig2_example.py.

Just one point.  swig2 support is not turned on by default, i.e. the
following line in swig2_spec.py is commented::

 #converters.default.insert(0, swig2_converter())

Folks who want to use swig2 support have to do this manually.  I am
not sure what to do about it and will let Eric decide.

So, with that my job is done.  You can go ahead and release 0.3.2 when
you can.

cheers,
prabhu