[SciPy-dev] gui_thread and wxPython-2.5.2.8

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Oct 4 22:59:46 EDT 2004

    FP> Prabhu Ramachandran schrieb:
    >> Here is a simple test you can run:
    >>
    >> import gui_thread gui_thread.start() from gui_thread.examples
    >> import SimpleFrame a = SimpleFrame() a.Show() a.SetTitle('Hey!
    >> this works!')

    FP> Mmh :( With scipy CVS from a moment ago, this is what I'm
    FP> getting:

    FP> /home/fperez/test/<string> in new_wxSize(*args, **kws)

    FP> AttributeError: AttrHolder instance has no attribute 'result'

That is wierd I agree but could be due to the first import, my
suspicion is that I need to increase the timeout on the Event object
from 0.5 to a full second or two.  In anycase just try it again (exit
ipython and restart immediately) and it should work.

[...]
    FP> In [4]: d = Main.wxPythonDemo(None, 'a')
    FP> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FP> TypeError Traceback (most recent call last)

    FP> /usr/share/doc/wxPythonGTK2-2.4.2.4/demo/<console>

    FP> TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

Well, that is a user error!  :->

Just like it says, the 2.4.x demo __init__ takes 3 args and not 2 like
the 2.5.x one does.  Try this:

 d = Main.wxPythonDemo(None, -1, 'a')

Let me know how it goes.  Thanks for testing.

cheers,
prabhu