[SciPy-dev] Re: ASP: Ipython in SciPy

Joe Harrington jh at oobleck.astro.cornell.edu
Wed Nov 3 12:08:47 EST 2004

Stephen Walton writes:

> How would people feel if I turned off that traceback for
> user documentation examples?

Do the right thing for each context.  Often, simply replacing the
irrelevant part of the traceback with [...] will make sense.  Maybe we
can find something that takes even less vertical space than [...].
We'll document [...] early in each manual.  At other times, changing
the traceback option might make sense, but consider that most of the
docs will show how to do things correctly, so this issue shouldn't
come up so terribly often.  Looking at my IDL docs, there are a few
such places early on, but almost none in the meat of the manuals.

--jh--