[SciPy-dev] Two fortran/f2py questions

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Mon Dec 13 14:22:47 EST 2004

Hi folks-

Is there a way to use f2py directives to indicate that a few subprograms
in a fortran77 source file need not be wrapped/exposed?  Right
now I'm just using the "only:" keyword on the command line, but
I would imagine there's a way to embed this info in the source.
I just haven't been able to figure it out from the Users Guide.

Is there documentation anywhere showing how one can have fortran
source for a Python extension access a C or fortran function
that is part of Scipy?  The specific example driving this is
a module I'm working on that uses some special functions.  It
seems there should be some way for me to call the cephes
functions directly.  But I'm not sure how to make code that
will automatically link to the appropriate library, and do it
portably (so the module can be distributed).  If there's a good
example of this within Scipy (as I suspect), just give me a pointer
and I'll "go to the source."  I thought there might be some
docs on this within scipy_distutils, but I haven't found it
if it's there.

Thanks,
Tom