[SciPy-dev] scipy graphics wiki/website?

eric eric at scipy.org
Fri May 3 18:32:19 EDT 2002

Hey Christopher,

> Periodically, I've seen mails go by on the list from people who say they are
> either interested in or working on extending the graphics capabilities of
> scipy.

Yes.

> Is there a central site for pooling  efforts and information on scipy
> graphics?

Not at the moment.

> Is the wiki the place to set something up?  I'm interested in helping with the
> effort with a web page or two reviewing what's available for python graphics,
> and an RFC/proposal for the underlying image model.

The short answer here is there is a project already underway that will replace
plt -- its just been started.  Check out the ViewCVS repository on scipy.org and
look for chaco.  I haven't gotten around to writing an announcement or web pages
for this project, as I've been working on architectural issues and a proof of
concept implementation of the low-level API on wxPython and Mac OS X.  I'll put
something together next week though so we can get some discussion going and also
so I can get some help... :-)

see ya,
eric