linalg2 is back (Re: [SciPy-dev] Re: Linalg2)

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Mar 25 17:20:00 EST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> On Monday 25 March 2002 01:41 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> Pearu,
>
> I noticed you changed the name of interface_gen2.py  back to interface_gen.py.
>
> Did you fix the problem with distutils confusing linalg/interface_gen.py
> with linalg2/interface_gen.py ?

Well, I thought I fixed it by importing linalg2.interface_gen but
obviously it fails (it worked for me when I built linalg2 locally, if I
remove local build, then I get the import error).

I'll try to figure out how to fix this without renaming interface_gen.py.
If we would be forced to rename local files then it would indicate a bad
design, I think. Two completely different packages may have files with
the same names and there should be no naming conflicts.

Talk to you soon,
	Pearu