[SciPy-dev] what is going on with scipy.org IP?

Travis N. Vaught travis at scipy.org
Thu Mar 7 09:06:57 EST 2002

Prabhu pointed out this IP wierdness a few weeks ago.  The T1 provider
explained that there was not a problem with the DNS record, but possibly a
vestigial setting in the global DNS.  I do not understand this
explanation--he said there were no problems with the behavior, since the
domain mapping was right.  I might have spoken to the 'wrong' person,
though.

Our new T1 (on site at Enthought) is due next Thursday.  After it is up,
we'll move to the new server, on a new IP.  So (after some outages) we
should be secure and stable at that time.

Travis