[SciPy-dev] lapack and blas

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Jan 18 05:39:54 EST 2002

Hi!

I have finished with introducing many new features to f2py and made the
latest f2py snapshot available.

Now I would like to re-work with lapack and blas modules in
scipy. Currently they are included in linalg package but I am thinking of
separating lapack and blas from there to stand-alone packages into scipy/
tree. Here are my reasons:
1) I don't want to break linalg package.
2) lapack and blas packages are valuable also outside scipy environment.

Later, linalg would start to use these new lapack and blas packages as
they should become easier to maintain and more efficient when using the
latest features in f2py.

Please, let me know if you have any objections or comments or ideas
regarding the plans above.

Regards,
	Pearu