[SciPy-dev] new buld process in CVS

eric eric at scipy.org
Thu Jan 10 09:37:17 EST 2002

> The new build seems to run fine and I didn't need to change the above
> flag.  I also dont like this setting since you'll have trouble with
> CVS versioning when you change setup.py.  The next time setup.py is
> changed in the CVS tree you risk the complication of a conflict.  I'd
> suggest placing user configs in a separate file that is not in the CVS
> tree.

Good idea.  Maybe the setup.cfg file is a good choice.

I'm hoping that the atlas_info script gets more itelligent -- perhaps asking
you for the path if it can't find it.  It could then generate the file for
you.  If it didn't find the library, in the best scenarios, it would
download it from the scipy website.  This is probably a little ways out
though.

eric